Thursday, August 16, 2007

Follow the Golden Rule

The Golden Rule says "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates.

  • When you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitations.
- I would like to be respected. Even if I answered it wrong they should not laugh at me. Correct me if I done wrong but in a positive way.


  • When you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion.
- I like them to listen carefully. I'll be happy if they could appreciate what I am saying.


  • When you are giving suggestions during group work or presentaions.
- I would like them to treat me fairly. I would listen to their suggestions, they should listen to me too.


  • When you commit mistake
-I would be happy if they correct me in a nice way. No one is perfect, we all commit mistakes. Learning from this is good.


  • When you don't like doing what they ask you to do
-Respect my decision because at the end it is still my decision that will prevail.


  • When they want to give you their comments or suggestions.
-I would also treat them fairly. If they want to suggest something I would be listening to them because I respect them.

No comments: